Sunday, July 26, 2009

Back again - with the Sari Sisters!

Dear friends,

I'm finally back again. I haven't got the absolute full power yet, but I've been damn lucky and I'm OK. And thank you once more for your encouraging comments and mails - I've been missing you a lot!

Meanwhile, I've learned that 50% die of this kind of bleeding and 80% of the rest suffer of disablements ... that makes me shiver - and still, it's as if I just can't realize why my power is so low and everyday stuff suddenly requires 'slow-motion' ... the effort of raising a lot of input for a tiny little output.

Well, nevertheless, this was yesterday's output, when I was trying to play around with the making of 'crazy dolls' - let me present the 'Sari Sisters' (and brothers):



I named them so, because I used some of the Sari silk waste from the earlier posting, and combined it with some vintage buttons, beads and metal wire - actually recycling material.

(I only laid the dolls down on this pre-felt for taking the picture - they all have a hook on their backside and are ment to be hung on a wall, a branch, a parcel ...)

(German summary: Ich bin zurück - und ich bedanke mich ganz herzlich für eure lieben Kommentare und Mails! Ich habe verflixtes Glück gehabt - und trotzdem hadere ich ein bißchen damit, daß ich noch immer so wenig Puste habe ... Die Püppchen sind ein Recycling-Projekt aus Sari-Fasern, Draht, Knöpfe und Perlen!)

5 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

I love the dolls - well done. I'm so glad you are back - every day you will get better and better but it will require will power and effort. Sending you healing vibes from England xx

Anonymous said...

Im glad you are back too. the little sari dolls are sweet - are the dresses crochet or knitted? i love the beaded legs and the plaited hair - so much detail.

Micki said...

Welcome back. I am glad you are doing better. Love the little dolls.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, girls - it's wonderful to be back and to be in touch with you again! The dresses are crocheted, Paula, starting from the top!

Julie said...

The dolls are beautiful. You will find things take more effort for some time but you will soon be well I'm sure. Good to dee you back again.