Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sharing the joy ...



I think I made someone very happy this weekend. My daughter Emily (she's 10) and I had an afternoon on our own, so we planned to have a bit of fun in my studio, just the two of us.

And then I decided to let her try out my embellisher ... She has a little "travel-sewing machine" of her own, but she's never been working on the embellisher till now. She asked what would happen if she made something wrong. I said: The worst that could happen is that a needle or a couple of them would break - but I have enough spare needles, and they are not that expensive.

So she boldly stepped on the gas and had so much fun! Her cheeks went rosy with excitement, she whirled through my stash, went back to the machine - and we both had a great time! And this is what she did:




The crocodile is ment to be a bookmark - I've already told her, that if I could make a wish for Christmas, I'd love to have that one ...
(By the way: not a single needle was broken. Next, I'll let my son (he's 13) try it out ...)

5 comments:

kristin said...

what a budding artist and at such a young age...her creations are lovely.

Allerleirauh said...

Deine Tochter hat zweifellos dein Talent mit in die Wiege bekommen. Sehr schön hat sie das gemacht.
Liebe Grüsse, Allerleirauh

Anonymous said...

Will the budding artist take a hint, or will you have to tell her outright that you love it and want it?
I have just found your blog, and enjoyed the visit.

Paula Hewitt said...

How lovely - what a nice time to spend together - and no needles broken - well done (Moo broke three - but she is too little i think). i love the crocodile too, and Emily's Angel has given me an idea. Well done Emily - they look lovely.

jude said...

these look great. my son is a "bit" older. i think i will call him and invite him over for a craft session....