Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Returning to the blossoming - Eine Reise in den Sommer

So I'm back again, safe and sound - but haunted by urgent obligations like a broken car (there is no way to get anywhere from here without it), an 'exploding' garden (not only the blossoms but the weeds too) and a trip to Vienna (the last one before summer) for the weekend!

I'm sorry to keep you waiting, still - and to be honest, it'll take until next week until life gets a bit more normal again and I can reply to mails and read your postings ...

Some pictures of what has happened to my garden during this single week:



The apple trees, the cherry trees, the plum trees are blossoming, the daffodils too, the lavender is growing ...



I haven't even unpacked all the treasures I found in Stockholm yet - but these are some - mostly silk - bobbins I found in my mother's cellar:



I guess they will be just great, both for stitching as for plying ...!

(German summary: Ich bin zurück, alles bestens, nur leider diese Woche noch sehr im Stress - kaputtes Auto, Wien-reise, Dringlichkeiten im Garten - es wird wohl bis nächste Woche dauern, bis sich alles wieder etwas normalisiert hat und ich mails beantworten, Bloggs lesen und etwas arbeiten kann ...)

11 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

That's such an amazing find. My mother couldn't even sew on a button so no chance of discovering anything like that for me!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

lovely photos!

ritarenata said...

ja der frühling!
mit deiner garnschätze verschönerst du nur noch mehr die se season.
willkommen.
rita

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, Clare, Carolyne, Rita!

On one of the bobbins I even found the year: 1936 - that's pre-WWII!

I'll be back next week!

Anonymous said...

welcome home! lovely garden - spring has arrived!

Elizabeth said...

Welcome home!!!

Sara lechner said...

wow, das sind schätze!!!! ich bin gespannt, was du damit machst.

Hazel Donovan said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
free car removal brisbane
car removal logan

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars toowoomba

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for unwanted cars ipswich
free car removal

Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
car removal sydney
cash for used cars sydney