Sunday, August 8, 2010

Spinning blue water .../Wasserspinnen!



Sorry for being absent for so long now - I'm fine, just enjoying my holidays ... Today I started carding and spinning 'water': blue and greenish silk and wool fibers, which remind me of the sea ...

I'm mixing my own self-dyed silk/wool fibers with those I bought from 'Dornröschen' - you can read about these fibers in my earlier posting here and have a look here - spinning a thin, quite even thread for a 2-ply, which I will probably knit with that 'feather&fan' pattern to make a gorgeous water-coloured sweater ...

(Ich spinne gerade so etwas wie 'Wasser': Blau- und Grüntöne von Seiden- und Wollfasern, handgefärbt von mir und von 'Dornröschen' ... luftig, seidig, erinnert mich ans Meer!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The beautiful colors of the sea, wow!!!!

Hope you had a lovely, relaxing holiday.

ritarenata said...

schönes wasser.

Clare Wassermann said...

What an beautiful colour. The texture looks like soft water too.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, girls! I'm happy you share my love for this watery wool!

Sandies' Patch said...

Wow! just discovered your blog via, Pat's blog.
Absolutely love the colours you have used, fascinating!

Sandie xx

kristin said...

it's nice to see you back here and to see what beautiful work you've been up to. that will be one gorgeous sweater

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you, Sandie and Kristin - nice to have you around!