Friday, September 24, 2010

Hooked on those colourful African flowers/Kleines Häkelprojekt zum 'Drüberstreuen' ...

Oh dear, I can't help that I just have to start this little extra project as well ...



I read about the 'African Flower' pattern on Sara's blog and followed her link to the South-African Moxycrochet Project - and then I thought I'd try out just one of those little colourful flowers myself ... and I was literally hooked! The only comfort is that I can re-use some of those stashed yarns and yarn ends of mine ... (By the way, I think the only thing I'm not using my sock-wool for, is for knitting socks ;-)!

I don't know yet what it will turn out to be - thought of some kind of jacket, maybe ... if I can stick to it that long ... Or a fancy bag ... But seven of them, sewn together, would look nice as a small potholder - for a teacup or so - too, wouldn't they?

But faster than I can de-stash, I'm up-stashing again: I made the 'mistake' to have a look at Dornröschen's online-shop right after she'd done some new dyeing:



Well - what can I say? This parcel arrived yesterday! There will be plenty to spin and to knit now, during the long autumn evenings ...

(German summary: Tja, was soll ich sagen - diese kleinen bunten Blumen sind so entzückend, daß ich einfach ein kleines Nebenprojekt noch starten mußte ... aber mit 'lagerndem Material', zumindest! Und dann kam noch die frische Lieferung von Dornröschen ... da hab' ich auch noch ein paar Ideen für die langen Herbstabende ...)

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a colourful idea, you can also keep going and make a blanket!!!!

And I do love your 'mistake' in visiting a shop and why would you use sock-wool for socks, that is totally old-fashioned. (BIG SMILE)

Sara lechner said...

Also, wieder unterwegs!! sehe ich da einige pastellfarben?...:-)

hast du gemerkt, dass ich wieder den alten blog aktiviert habe? nix mehr sheezo...!!

Sara lechner said...

sin die african flowers nicht süchtig machend? ich arbeite an meine decke weiter.

FROM.....HANDMADE FELT said...

Beautiful crochet flower!
Bye! greetings from Buenos Aires

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thanks, girls!
While I'm working on these African flowers, I'm fascinated on how different the colours come out, depending on where you put them in ... It's definitively a very beautiful way indeed of using up odd yarn ends!

Kelly said...

Your green stash is wonderful! Love all of the shades. :)