Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oh deer! Fabric Wildlife/Rotwild im Musterwald

A friend sent me some scraps of a cotton fabric, which had the outlines of different deers printed on it.

And like in a drawing book, these outlines just asked to be filled in with colour ...

I chose strands of cotton threads and some light weight fabrics from my stash palette - the pictures show work in progress, of course.





Furthermore, these gorgeous linen-blended wool strands are hand-dyed by Dornröschen and now waiting for me in a basket beneath my spinning wheel ...



And - I've bought myself a new pair of shoes ... running gear, almost like walking barefoot!



(German summary: Die Konturen dieses Stoffes haben richtiggehend nach Farbe und Inhalt gerufen - ich verwende Moulinégarn und dünne Stoffreste dazu. - Spinnfutter von Dornröschen - diesmal eine neue Mischung, mit Leinen! Und dann habe ich mir noch ein paar neue Schuhe gekauft ... fast wie barfuß laufen!)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

A serie of different deers!!!!
In a book I have deer stands for softness of spirit.

Angela said...

Love what you are doing with the deer. Those shoes are great, have never seen anything like them before!

Clare Wassermann said...

well how interesting - I look forward to the deer dear!

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thank you so much, girls!

@Elizabeth: 'Softness of spirit' ... so poetic!

@Angela: And wonderful to wear!

@Clare: There will be more to come, my dear!