Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hot spots, Whatiffing 60-68



I'm taking up the Whatiffing series again (for newbies: here's the link to Sara's Whatiffing-project) - as I find this experimenting with the embellisher to be both fun and useful for boosting my imagination for further projects.

It's a pity I seem to be quite alone doing this very project, because I'd love to see yours too!

Anyway, this time I've broken up the 2"x 3" frame even more, letting the fibers - different knitting yarns held between two layers of cobweb thin red wool - spread freely while being punched.

They make me think of irregular pieces of mosaic and I can imagine them as a background, combined with another colour scheme ...

5 comments:

Paula Hewitt said...

I am joining you - I'm at what if number 1 ! its funny you should mention mosaics - i have a mosiac mirror frame in the bedroom and i was looking at it yesterday and wondering if i could translate it on the embellisher.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Hey - that's great, Paula! I'm looking so much forward to your whatiffings! And I think we could get a lot out of that mosaic theme as well!

Ela Kreativ said...

Anneli, Du bist gar nicht allein!
Deine rote Serie ist sehr schön geworden. Die aus der Sandwichmitte kommenden Teile wirken gut und sind nicht aufdringlich.
Vliele liebe Grüße Renate

Yvette said...

I am joining you too, have to look how...see you

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Danke Renate und Yvette!