Sunday, January 18, 2009

Textile Flowers, Whatiffing 87-95



Subsequently to the textile leaves - here are the flowers to follow! (Looks a bit like spring already, doesn't it?)

Like for the leaves, I used white wool roving for the base and punched different kinds of textile (artificial) flowers onto it - as you can see, they behave quite different depending on the fabric they're made of.

They all shrink pretty much while being punched - you will have to take that into consideration when composing.

For a better finish, I used a hand-felting needle to place some small dots of wool in the middle of each flower.

I'll give you the link to Sara's Whatiffing blog here once again, as Sara has now opened a Whatiffingaround Group at Flickr for this project!

4 comments:

Allerleirauh said...

Bezaubernd schön, da bekomme ich gerade noch mehr Sehnsucht nach dem Frühling.
Liebe Grüsse, Allerleirauh

Paula Hewitt said...

Of course you had the idea to do flowers as well - they look great - like hippy flowers from the 1970s! im off to join saras flickr group.

Anneli/Bockfilz said...

Thanks, Paula - yes, I agree they look a bit retro! I've just been loading up my pics on the pool - looking forward to see yours, too!

Danke, Allerleirauh - und Deine Mosaikgeschichte gefällt mir auch sehr - wie Du siehst, mische ich munter mit!

Cecile said...

Great idea ! I guess you could do it with cut-off flowers from fabric also. I do have some artificial flowers here and there, but colors are really faded, not bright as yours.