Sunday, October 5, 2008
Sara's Whatiffing Project
As I've decided to participate in Sara's Whatiffing Project (whatiffingaround.blogspot.com/), I started with the first nine pieces of mine today.
In order to get the right size (2"x3") - which is a real challenge to me, as I usually work with larger pieces of work - I cut up some medium weight woolen cloth to the right size, and punched the top layers with white woolen batting in between.
For the top layers I used - counting from upper left to the right -
1. a stretchy, creme-coloured silvery net
2. a very light muslin fabric
3. some heavy vintage lace
4. a delicate vintage lace
5. brownish lace ribbon between strips of sackcloth
6. a very light (real) metal net
7. loose linen and cotton fibers
8. machine embroidered net lace
9. hand-dyed wool roving in green/greyish/brown
I mounted these pieces with some sticky tape on an aquarel paper pad, nine pieces will fill one page.
I would feel comfortable with embellishing this kind of album page, consisting of nine pieces, about three times a month, in one certain colour range or with another common theme.
Meanwhile, I'm also struggling with these wonders of virtual facilities: having my blog properly done, taking digital pictures and uploading them, organizing a flickr account ... anyone who has fought this battle alone, being a "virtual virgin" (like me), will know what it means ... Well, I won't give up on it! Someday, I'll succeed!